CAFP really cares about their student members. I have been given so many opportunities to network, be mentored, get involved with the community, ...Read more
Applicants must be registered in a full time food service, hospitality program or completing a dietetic internship program, and must be a student member of CAFP, never having earned the CFE designation.
Any student who has held a position as committee chair or elected official at a student branch is eligible to apply.
- Application submission must reflect post-secondary timeframe and experience only.
- Include all of the following in the application package:
- Employment confirmation letters (file upload, available on this form below)
- Copy of most up-to-date school transcript (official and non-official transcripts are accepted). (file upload, available on this form below)
- Written Essay (file upload, available on this form below)
- References (file upload, available on this form below)
All submissions are to include an essay in either French or English (1-2 pages, typed, double spaced, in paragraph form, 12 point font).
Choose one of the following essay questions:
- Explain the challenge(s) and opportunity(s) in the food service industry today, and how you will distinguish yourself as a leader within this industry in the 21st century.
- In this technological environment, describe how you can use social media to attract customers to a business and generate sales or revenues.
- Explain how you believe you can impact on ensuring our food system is sustainable for generations to come.
- If you were to develop and teach a new course to be offered in your program of study, what information should be included for foodservice leaders of the future?
The essay will be judged on the following:
- Organization Flow of ideas, sentence and paragraph structure
- Content Demonstrate a solid understanding of the topic and critical thinking and analytical skills
- Originality Exhibit innovative and unique perspective
- Validation Provide evidence to support argument
PLEASE NOTE: You will be able to save this form as a draft and return later to finish adding your content. Once you login the second time just click the form link to the right of the page and it will pick up where you left off.
YOU CAN ONLY SUBMIT THIS FORM ONCE